Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bake to Business.

It's been a while since I've really baked. I LOVE doing it, but my main problem since I became single again just over a year ago (aside from a distressingly lack of one of my favourite activities!) seems to be what to do with the results of my baking adventures.

Not to worry, I invented Munchies Monday at my work, the primary purpose of which is to allow myself and fellow colleagues-slash-amateur bakers a time to divest ourselves of the leftover goodies. I don't know about anyone else, but this stops me from going into my pantry and stuffing my face full of whatever I've made. And then possibly dropping into a sugar coma.

It's Melbourne Cup Day today - aka the day we all take off work in honour of a five minute horse race - and not being all that interested in the Spring Racing Carnival this year, I've instead pulled out the tall white hat and got my bake on:
(Really not me)

Well, that was the plan. In truth, I really only got one step into what promises to be a fantastic recipe. I made Nutella choc chips. Oh yes I did. A bit of butter, a lot of Nutella, a piping bag and a baking tray. Who knew?

So as yet, I've not even started the whole baking part and may not even get back to it until the weekend, but by god, when I do I am going to have some awesome choc chips to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment