Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Remains of the Day.

I went to a dear friend's baby shower yesterday, in possibly the most amazing house I've seen outside of the design blogs and magazines I read cover to cover.

And being quite the baby shower veteran, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a low-key yet elegant affair where everyone was asked to 'bring a plate' (I LOVE that this phrase is making a resurgence!). No life-sized papier mache storks here!

Being as I am - there's no other term for it - monumentally slack, I made a Peppermint Crisp Slice. Possibly the slice with the best actual work involved:compliments ratio, this is of course perfect for the lazy weekend Redhead.

Wanting to make it look more involved that it actually was, I trimmed all the dodgy edges and placed the nice neat squares in some cute patty papers.

Which of course left me with quite a bit of unattractive but still massively tasty choc-pepperminty goodness.

I wish I could say that this had been the sum total of what was left behind.

A healthy person would have virtuously tipped these into the bin. A healthy person would have turned these into an unofficial Munchies Monday offering.

Fortunately for me, I've never claimed to be a healthy person. And my Sunday lunch may or may not have been comprised solely of a cup of tea and a baking tray of Peppermint Crisp margins.

I'll never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment